3. June 2016 22:09
When purchasing a used vehicle is important to be sure that the vehicle is in excellent working order before finalizing a deal or taking delivery. It is obvious that purchasing an auto warranty when you have a vehicle it is no longer covered by the manufacturer is an excellent idea to protect you against any unforeseen repair expenses that might arise. It is not uncommon to have repairs pop up you were not expecting that can cost $500, $1,500, or even $3,000 or more.
However, many consumers are not aware that unlike medical insurance, automobile warranty companies are not obligated to cover a vehicle’s pre-existing conditions. To prevent getting caught off guard with a pre-existing issue with a vehicle is strongly recommended that you have the vehicle inspected by a qualified used vehicle inspection service or dealership prior to finalizing a purchase. If you are purchasing the vehicle from a dealership do not automatically assume that they have fully inspected it themselves even though they might have. It is worthwhile to have a second opinion by hiring an independent inspector to check the vehicle out. If you are purchasing a vehicle privately it is even more important to have the vehicle checked out by a qualified mechanic or inspection service. This will help you avoid getting caught off guard with a repair that may not be covered by your auto warranty.
Auto Advantage not only provides the highest quality car warranties in the industry, but also has a full independent inspection service that can check out your vehicle prior to the vehicle’s purchase or warranty activation. Visit our Auto Advantage’s website to get a quote for the best coverage available for your vehicle.
Tags : auto advantage Inc
, auto warranty
, automobile warranty companies
, car warranties
, covered by your auto warranty
, highest quality car warranties
, purchasing the vehicle privately
, quality car warranties
, used car warranties
, used vehicle inspection
, used vehicle inspection service
, vehicle inspected
, vehicles pre existing conditions
22. February 2016 21:52
There are many ways to shop for used car. You can go from dealer to dealer and used car lot to used car lot, you can go on many of the used car sites online, or even an auction site online. Regardless of how you go about finding a vehicle it is important you understand what to look out for to make sure the you are not purchasing somebody else’s discarded problems. Here are some tips that might help you to find a high-quality vehicle that hopefully will serve you for many years to come…
1. Take your time when evaluating a vehicle. Take several walks around the exterior of the vehicle noting any imperfections you may find. Open the doors, trunk, and hood and look for anything that does not look like it was original or just doesn’t look right. Don’t be afraid to ask the seller questions and evaluate the answers you received. Do the same with the interior, take your time and sit in the vehicle and make sure you try all the equipment and accessories to make sure they are operating properly. Shift the vehicle into drive, neutral, and reverse and make sure it seems to shift quickly and smoothly. If not, expensive repairs may be imminent.
2. Ask for a vehicle history report such as Carfax or Auto Check. Make sure the vehicle has no major negative events in its history and that there are no odometer discrepancies.
3. Start the engine and open the hood up. Your eyes, ears, and nose are your best friends here. You want to look for any visible oil leaks. You want to listen for any unusual sounds. And you want to make sure that there are no unusual smells, for instance something smelling like it’s burning. Check the transmission fluid by pulling out the dipstick and checking the level and giving it a quick smell. If the vehicle was just started the transmission fluid level should be near the cold marker. You want to make sure it does not smell burnt as this could identify a current or pending problem. When the engine is turned off again pull out the oil dipstick and again, make sure it looks like it is not dirty and does not smell burnt. The colour of the oil should be similar to dark amber.
4. Now it’s time for a test drive. Before you start moving check the steering system. Open the windows and turned the steering wheel hard all the way to one side, and then the other. You want to make sure there is no resistance and that there are no loud squealing sounds which could signify a problem with costly parts of the steering system. You will also want to jiggle the wheel back and forth a bit from the center position and make sure that it doesn’t have any play. Going from one side to the other. It should feel firm when turning from one side to the other. Once you are confident the vehicle is safe to drive make sure you drive it with the windows open and closed. Make sure you don’t hear any noises that seem uncommon. If you do find any potential issues and you are not sure what they are make sure to have a qualified mechanic look the car over before you complete the purchase. While driving, make sure to pay attention to the brakes. Do they feel like they are working properly and stopping the car efficiently? If not, they may need to be addressed and that could help you as any other problems found, in negotiating a better purchase price.
5. Last, but certainly not least. Asked to have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic or shop of your choice. If there is any resistance to having the vehicle inspected run, don’t walk away from the vehicle as is a telltale sign there are going to be issues found.
Once you have found the right vehicle and have made a purchase it is a sound financial decision and great idea to purchase a quality used car warranty. An auto warranty can protect you from the inevitable major or minor repairs that you will face down the road. There are few reputable companies that will allow you to purchase coverage directly, excluding the dealer and their profit, at wholesale pricing. A great place to start is Auto Advantage Inc.
Tags : auto advantage Inc
, auto warranty
, car warranty
, inspected by a mechanic
, quality used car
, quality used car warranty
, used car
, used car warranty
, vehicle history report
, vehicle inspected
, vehicle inspected by a mechanic